Wednesday 29 April 2009

Quick Update

I know I'm miles behind in blogging (is that actually a saying?), but I've got enough time to at least give you a quick update before my massive to-do list eats me alive:

Last weekend the rest of the Laluks finally made it to London (Mom, Dad and Steve). I had fun playing tour guide all around the city (Westminster, Madame Tussaud's, Buckingham Palace, Portobello Road, etc.) and even took in two shows with Mom (Les Mis and Billy Elliot) and one with the whole family (The 39 Steps). Steve went home on Sunday and I went onto Paris with Mom and Dad for a few days. Ate some great bread and drank wonderful wine, and saw all the sights associated with the city (the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, St. Chapelle, Pont Neuf, MuseƩ d'Orsay and the Arc de Triumphe).

After getting back into London yesterday, I went to see my last show for my drama class — 'Madame de Sade' with the one and only Dame Judi Dench. I couldn't resist waiting outside the stage door to meet her and get her autograph (which I did). She has got to be the classiest and most gracious celebrity I've ever met (granted, that list is pretty short, but still).

Now it's down to the last week and a half before I head home. Finals are coming up (more quickly than I'd like), my internship is winding down and it seems like there are more things in London I want to do that just won't fit into my schedule. And as much as I don't want to leave London, I am looking forward to being home and seeing everyone that I missed.

Although I do have one last visitor before I depart London — Mark! Granted we haven't seen each other in about two or three years (God, has it really been that long?), but I'm sure we'll have a blast.

There you have it: the Cliff Notes version of the past few weeks of my life. Not too shabby, eh? Anyways, I better get back to work if I'm going to get anything done. I might be able to pull off a few more late-night blogs, but we'll see what happens.

Cheers!

No comments: