Monday 6 April 2009

It's Absolutely Barmy!

Well, the madness finally drew to a close yesterday (around 4:30 a.m. for me) and even though the team I picked to win did win (UNC beat Michigan State for those of you who weren't following the tournament), I'm sad it’s over.

I'll certainly miss the madness of screaming at my computer screen hoping it would change to outcome of the games (though I know it didn't) and staying up til 1am to watch the later games, but then again, there's always next year, right?

I ended up in second overall in my pool, which I'm happy with (particularly since I don't follow college basketball other than in March). If you're interested in someone who does know a bit about sports, check out Andrew Lovell's blog and his analysis of next year's tourney (yup, he's planning already). Lovell is a recent Ithaca College grad, former Ithacan Sports Editor, a sports writer/copy editor for the New Britain Herald in New Britain, CT and a guy who really knows his stuff.

Photo: UNC Head Coach Roy Williams hoists the championship trophy over his head with the help of his players.
Credit: Associated Press

No comments: