Wednesday 14 January 2009

Mind the Gap please!

I have arrived! And while my travels warrent a much longer post than this will be, I only have access to the internet at the London Centre, which is a only a few tube (sorry, Subway for you Americans) stops and a short walk away from the hotel.

For those of you who don't quite understand the title of this blog, "Mind the Gap" is a phrase heard over the PAs in the tube stations, as there is a significant gap between the doors of the train and the platform. At first I assumed the gap referred to the horizontal distance between the edge of the train and the platform, but it actually refers to the height difference. It's better at some stations than at others, but still something to be mindful of.

Today's been a bit of a blur -- and I'm not just talking about the morning fog. Me and my flatmates (roommates to Yanks) went on the hunt all over London to find us a place to live for a few months. We've got one set and will be moving in Friday afternoon.

For mail purposes though, anyone who wants to send letters, sweets or anything else, here's my address at the IC London Centre:

Kathy Laluk
c/o Ithaca College London Centre
35 Harrington Gardens
London SW7 4JU, England


Photos and videos to follow, but I really just want to enjoy the city right now.

Cheers,
Kathy

No comments: