Tuesday 20 January 2009

'ave you spotted the morning 'eadlines?

Finally getting used to the tube/streets of London. Well, at least those around my flat and the London Centre. I was actually able to give a fellow American directions yesterday.

As a journalist, naturally I read the paper everyday to keep up with current events and learn about different styles & writing techniques. Though I have some concerns about story placement/the amount of tabloid-esque stories in each edition I pick up here in London, I have to say I'm proud of the fact that practically everyone reads the papers on the tube.

In re the title of the blog, it's a direct quote from a guy who was chatting with his mates on the tube this morning about a story about Barack Obama. It's so interesting how different the U.K. is from the U.S. already.

Off to class (European Mass Media).

Cheers,
Kathy

No comments: