Wednesday 25 November 2009

Muppet Rock

I was obsessed with the Muppets as a kid (and quite frankly, still am). I own several Muppets movies (don't knock it, they're totally enjoyable, even as an adult. I still watch Muppet Christmas Carol with my family every Christmas) and judging by the following video, I can't be the only one who still loves the wacky puppets.

This clip of the Muppets performing "Bohemian Rhapsody" has blown up on Youtube over the past couple days -- it's currently the most played, most favorited and the number one vid in the music category -- and it's easy to see why. Combining a classically nostalgic Queen tune with everyone's favorite band of puppets, the video is both heartwarming and hilarious. I particularly love their adaptation of the lyrics. Just watch and you'll see what I mean.



On another related and equally funny note, check out Beeker & the Swedish Chef's rendition of "Habenara" from Carmen. Genius.

No comments: