Friday 5 April 2019

MCU Madness


The countdown to the epic conclusion of 11 years of Marvel Cinema is upon us. Records have already been broken. Countless theories have been spawned (here are just a handful). And I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm equal parts excited and nervous about what will happen in Avengers: Endgame.

And as Agent Peggy Carter has said in the trailers, "none of us can go back...sometimes the best that we can do is to start over." So that's what I'll be doing as anticipation builds -- starting the movies over from the beginning. Since there are 21 films in the MCU cannon, each clocking in around 2 hours a piece, I figured the best way not to overdo it would be to do one film a day leading up to seeing Avengers: Endgame on April 26th (as much as I'd love to see a midnight showing, I'm an old fart and have a day job, so I'll have to avoid the internet spoilers for about 18 hours until I see it Friday night).

The plan is to watch the movies in the order they were released, not necessarily in story chronology, since as many fans have pointed out, there are some issues with the MCU timeline in spots (hey -- the fact that they're mostly consistent across 21 films is insane already, so cut them some slack). So the tentative schedule is:




I'll be live-Tweeting my thoughts as I watch the movie. You can follow me @kathylaluk. Please follow along, watch along with me, and share your thoughts with the hashtags #MCUMadness, #MCURewatch and #AvengersEndgame. Afterwards, I'll try to post a review of each film here.

Now...


No comments: