Monday 11 May 2009

The Boys Are Back In Town ...

... well, almost. After an 8-hour flight from Heathrow, a group of ICLC students (myself included) safely landed in JFK. So I'm back in the U.S., but not quite home yet.

It didn't even hit me that I had left London until we began our final descent into New York. The thought that I wouldn't be in London again for a very long time (if ever again) had me choking back a few tears, but at the same time, my heart was beating strongly with excitement to be home again. The feeling was almost nauseating it was so overpowering.

Most of the other ICLC students felt strongly one way or the other — either incredibly depressed to be leaving the UK behind or overjoyed to be going home to family and friends. I'm sure everyone felt a bit of both emotions, but the weight of the two sides hit me equally hard ... and all at once. It's the oddest jumble of emotions that I cannot accurately describe with words (try though I might). Until you experience it yourself, it's impossible to understand.

Expect a much longer post and plenty of photos after I get home (and possibly take a much-needed nap?)

Before I sign off, a quick thank you to everyone who's been reading. I hope you've found the posts amusing and informative. And although I'm no longer in London, I will continue to blog, hopefully about news (including local Rochester news, national and International), issues of interest (politics, social trends, etc.) and some summer movie reviews. I also hope to add some interesting profile pieces and audio slideshows to the blog to keep things interesting.

No comments: