Saturday 16 February 2008

Out of Class, But Not Out of the Game

For those of you whose clickstreams take you to my wildly popular blog every week for another cynical quip about journalism, blogging or the media in general, you may have noticed my brief leave of absence.


After auditioning and being cast in Ithaca College's mainstage show, Dance: No Translation Needed, and much careful thought, I decided to drop my Nonfiction Lab class. Rather than allow my GPA to slip into further obscurity, I figured it would be for the best.

Nonetheless, I've been enjoying my stint as a blogger and will continue to post about the assigned readings, my ventures in narrative journalism and any other subjects that tickle my fancy. In the words of Mark Twain, "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

That said, I tried my hand at incorporating narrative into my writing for The Ithacan for the first time this week. I'm pleased with the piece, but I am interested in your comments, criticism and advice to better my writing.

No comments: